Saturday, January 4, 2014

Post New Years celebration: Notion

Scallop

East Liberty fine dining has arrived! Notion. I LOVED this place. A very intimate fine dining experience. (the restaurant only holds 26 patrons) Let me forewarn, it's BYOB. With that out of the way, let's get to the good stuff. Your choices are: 4 courses that you choose at a fixed price, or a 6-8 course tasting chosen by Chef David Racicot. My suggestion? Toss the menu aside and let Chef Dave do his thing! You will not regret it. In addition to our 6 course experience, we received what I like to call "bonus rounds" of  tastings that the kitchen just invented on the fly! My favorite was the Scallop. Cooked to perfection, it had a side of apple chutney with a curry sauce. (if I close my eyes, I can still taste it....) They also have a true Tartare, which seems to be difficult to find around these parts. At the end of the meal we were invited into the kitchen to meet Chef Dave. An attractive man, younger than I expected .....but I digress. Don't let the price or the fine dining label scare you. They have somehow managed to put together a fine dining restaurant with a casual, comfortable feel. 2 thumbs up. If I had additional thumbs, it would get those too!
http://notionrestaurant.com/index.html
Beet




PROS: Bonus rounds during tastings. Meeting the Chef, who is not hard on the eyes! Fine dining without feeling "stuffy."
CONS: BYOB, so, just pick up a bottle of your favorite wine along the way!

!!!!!!!!!!!!I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THIS RESTAURANT IS NOW CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notion on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment