Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle of Rum!: Maggie's Farm White Rum

We came across an interesting yet random sign while walking through the Strip District one evening:

I had no idea what to make of it. Cohort, on the other hand, immediately started looking for an entrance to what clearly was an abandoned building. This is a set up if I ever saw one! I didn't know if we would be jumped or robbed, but judging by the look of the sign, something shady is clearly going down.(Ok, I exaggerate.) While Cohort opened the door and began to walk in, I began looking for the best route to get away. I don't have to run fast, I only have to out run Cohort! We walked in and found....a white rum distillery with a tasting bar! And go figure, it was tasting time.
Maggie's Farm White Rum

I cannot begin to tell you the sheer joy that came over me. The bar is cozy and has a view of the distilling area. They even let us go back for a sneak peak. This white rum has a light taste and a smooth finish. It can be drank straight but mixes well in cocktails. We first tried a sample neat, then shared 4 cocktails from the list. Each one is very good. Cocktail hours are Fri-Sat 4pm-10pm. Bottle sales are Wed-Thu 11am-7pm,  Fri-Sat 11am-10pm and Sun 12pm-4pm.
Farm Fizz, White Haitian, Corn n Oil, Painkiller

I say the next time you're in the market for a white rum, why not support a local distillery? I also recommend you stop in for the cocktail hour!  http://maggiesfarmrum.com/

PROS: White rum made in your backyard!
CONS: I wish they made more than just white rum, but have no fear a spiced rum is near! (according to the Facebook page)







No comments:

Post a Comment