Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Lively Affair: The Livermore

One evening Cohort and I found ourselves at a wonderful place called The Livermore located in East Liberty on S. Highland Ave. I adore this little spot! It's part cafe, part corner bar, but the best of both. They offer wonderful drinks and small plates. For drinks, our bartender Abbie was amazing! I love a bartender who knows their stuff. The type of  bartender you can tell, "I like sweet" or "I like sour" and BOOM a fabulous drink appears! That's Abbie! These drinks can come from the menu, but not always...(There are 2 versions of the corpse reviver, but only 1 is listed on the menu.)
Aviation and Corpse Reviver #2
For eats we ordered a few small plates and shared. Tomato & white anchovy toast, mussel & potato escabeche, smoked whitefish pate, pork rilletes and scallop ceviche. My favorite being the whitefish pate served with toast. Pate can sometimes taste bland, but this had a very appealing smokey taste with a smooth texture. The scallop ceviche was light, refreshing and the scallops were very fresh. I even enjoyed the anchovy toast and I am NOT a big fan of anchovy. But Cohort insisted I tried it and I'm glad I did. It sounds like a lot of food but it wasn't. This is not a stuff your face and leave feeling full kind of joint. It's a place to stop by for drinks and light fare. The servings are just a few bites, so savor and enjoy!
A little bit of everything!
The bar was extremely noisy. The music wasn't playing loud, the people weren't talking loud and yet it was very noisy. I think it may be because of the tile along the walls and floor and everything echos. It's not the place for a quiet romantic evening, but then again, who needs that every night?
https://www.facebook.com/TheLivermorePGH

PROS: Experienced bartenders. Lively atmosphere. Good snacks.
CONS: Can get a little loud and crowded during busy times.

The Livermore on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment